…or rather the Top 5 romantic beaches of India that I’ve been to!...
Nope, I still haven’t been to Goa in my life so far, so this is going to be a list without Goa in it!!! Is it a cardinal sin?!!!! Lolz… When I say Romantic, I’m meaning those beaches which are less crowded and secluded!!
1. Thiruchopuram Beach, Puducherry - This beach tops any list of beaches, I’ve ever been to in my life!!! I don’t think I’ll ever come across a beach more beautiful than this!!! Located close to Puducherry, this is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, with the road that leads to it, in a very pathetic condition, which is kinda a blessing in disguise that prevents tourists from reaching there! This is unfortunately the remains of a tsunami affected region. The ruins of the structures that were here gives the place a very interesting landscape! This isn’t a tourist spot. Apart from a couple of locals, there wasn’t a human on this entire place apart from me & my guy!!!
2. Paradise Beach, Puducherry - There are some beaches in India which are rather unique, in their landscape. Located on a small piece of land which aren’t islands but disconnected majorly from the mainland by backwaters except for a tiny little connection somewhere (kinda opposite of what a 'gulf' is). Paradise beach is like that. A ferry ride is needed from the main land to reach this side. This isn’t an untouched beach, but has very less number of people in it! The sand is pristine. There are few shacks and few shops!
3. Mudaliyar Kuppam, Chennai - Similar to Paradise Beach, this too has to be reached from the main land by a ferry ride. We were a gang of 7 of us who went there and when we went we were the only humans on the entire stretch of beach!!! Need I say more??!!!! But there’s more, you could do some speed boating or kayaking here as well!!!!!
4. Gorai, Manori, Erangal, Aksa & Madh Beaches, Mumbai - To even understand these beaches, it is necessary to look into the map. There are 2 backwaters back to back here!!! A ferry from Gorai Road in Borivali in mainland takes you to an almost semi-island like area, on the other side of which is the Gorai beach. Manori beach is close to this. Again, a ferry ride is needed at Marve to get to the main land which again is another semi-island at this location!!! Here are the Erangal, Aksa and Madh beaches. Again, a ferry ride from Versova takes you to the main land! Almost all the beaches are quiet with just no-one except local fishermen. The sand here is There’s a beautiful church in Erangal and a fort in Madh!
5. Tenneti Beach, Vizag - Located very close to the city, this is somehow often overlooked! Located at the base of Rishikonda hill, many climb the hill, have a look at the beach from atop the hill and skip going to the actual beach!!! With the Tenneti Park just beside it is one of the most beautiful sunrise you’ll ever witness!
Want more options of Romantic Beaches? Instead, looking for beaches to go with friends or family? Check out this Interactive Beach Guide of India by Expedia!